2019 and a new MLB season is rapidly approaching, so I have decided to share my MLB hopes and dreams for the coming year (some more realistic than others).
- Cubs win the World Series (again)
- Jon Lester Cy Young campaign
- Pedro Strop wins Reliever of the Year
- Expected Cubs TV deal with right-wing media outlet Sinclair Broadcasting is #fakenews
- MLB deletes @Cut4 from Twitter
- Cubs bypass pursuit of Bryce Harper in favor of Manny Machado (and sign him, of course!), Harper joins the White Sox
- Shohei Ohtani leads the Angels to an AL West title, Astros lose the Wild Card Game
- Josh Hader retires from baseball and deletes his Twitter account, never to be heard from again (fuck the Brewers!)
- The US government does not interfere with MLB’s agreement with the Federación Cubana de Béisbol (Cuban Baseball Federation) regarding posting Cuban players, despite Florida Republican Senator Marco Rubio’s complaints
- Rogers Centre gets some decent food options in the nosebleed seats
- Mets get new owners who do not use pyramid schemes as a revenue source
- Noted trash monster Curt Schilling is not elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame
- Cubs fan favorite Dexter Fowler returns to the North Side in a wild five-way trade
- Blue Jays finish with a winning record thanks to Vlad Guerrero Jr.
Please comment with your own MLB New Year’s wishes!